- Fixed issues with SERP location checker
- Fixed issue with highlighting all header in the Analyze On-Page SEO functionality
28th Mar 2021
Google SERP changes caused the PAA text to not be copied correctly. Fixed this.
22nd Feb 2021
Google SERP changes caused the SEO Minion widget to not show up on the right hand side for certain searches. Fixed this.
10th Feb 2021
Google SERP changes broke the PAA suggestions & URLs from Organic, Images & FAQs. Fixed them.
19th Jan 2021
Google SERP changes broke the Data Export & SERP stats. Fixed them.
8th Oct 2020
Widget on Google.com does not show up if the extension is disabled
16th Aug 2020
- fixed issue with some URLs not being read correctly
- fixed issue for Firefox with duplicate messages
30th Jun 2020
Google SERP utilities - new features:
- added copy/download for Local, Product, Video, Image, Fresh, News and FAQ listings
- added SERP statistics table that shows how many results for each of the different types of listings
29th Jun 2020
Firefox bug fix:
- There was a permissions bug in the v2.0 release for Firefox. This has been fixed. There is no v2.1 for Chrome, since there was no bug in Chrome. Chrome will skip v2.1. The next release for both will be v2.2
18th Jun 2020
Google SERP utilities:
- copy/download all organic & ad results, download exhaustive list of People Also Ask (PAA) widget data. (The Firefox v2.0 has issues with copying and downloading data in the Google SERP utilities. This has been fixed in v2.2)
SERP Location Checker:
- now you can check the SERP for a single location, as well as compare the same SERP for two different locations.
Analyze On-Page SEO updates:
- added functionality to download all headings, and all images.
16th Jun 2020
Get list of images using DOM:
Show list of words:
- You can now see all the words that make up the calculations for the words/characters shown in the Analyze On-Page feature.
SERP preview changes:
- Update to the SERP Preview to match how Google is currently showing the SERPs.
1st Mar 2020
Analyze On-Page feature using DOM:
Fix for Pre-render icon:
- Due to Google's HTML changes the pre-render icon was not shown. This has been fixed.
8th Feb 2020
Image Alt Tags:
- The images with missing alt tags now open in new window. Also, fixed bugs where alt tags were not being recognized correctly
Headings can be seen with default sort:
- In the Analyze Page feature, headings were sorted by categories. Now you can choose to see them sorted in the way they are found in the HTML making it easier to locate them.
28th July 2019
Fixed issue with showing incorrect redirects in the Broken Link Checker
1st June 2019
v1.4, v1.5 & v1.6 Updates
Multiple Bug fixes
2nd May 2019
- You can check the Hreflang on your pages. The tool checks for the following issues: (1) hreflang tag page does not exist (2) hreflang tag page does not have a return tag (3) Missing "x-default" tag (4) Incorrect language code (5) Incorrect region code
Page indexability & follow-ability:
- Users can check whether a page will be indexed and followed by search engines. The tool checks the following: (1) X-Robots-Tag Http header (2) robots Html meta tag (3) Robots.txt file settings
Highlight Links & Broken Link Checker: Additional filter options:
- Users can now filter links based on Follow/No-Follow in addition to Internal/External
Using Pre-render tag to show authority in SERPs:
- Google uses a rel="prerender" attribute for a URL in the SERP when it believes that the CTR to that URL is very high. This attribute is an indirect gauge for authority. We highlight this URL by showing the SEO Minion icon in front of it. Most brand queries will have this highlight. However, non-brand queries might also display this highlight, which would mean that the highlighted result gets more than a normal share of clicks, and will be very hard to out-rank
Support multiple languages:
- SEO Minion now natively supports Spanish, German, French, Dutch and Italian. If you would like us to support additional languages, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. Do let us know if you do find some incorrect translations.
27th Mar 2019
- Users can now highlight individual headings using the higlight/bulb icon shown next to each heading.
Broken Link Checker:
- Users can now download all links shown in the filtered table in a text file.
- Title tags now obey the pixel width decided by Google and are not truncated based only on number of characters.
- Added numbers to all the organic results to make it easier for users to see which positions the websites rank at.
9th Feb 2019
- Added support for Twitter cards markup.
Broken Link Checker:
- Users can now choose how fast the broken link checker should work. There is a new setting called "Interval between checks". You can increase/descrease the interval to slow down/speed up the broken link checker
27th Jan 2019